How to Communicate with the Lord?
I recently listened to a polished speech from the new Pope.
And I asked myself:
Is he really connected – to his heart, to God – when he speaks?
Honestly? I don't think so.
So I can't believe what he says.
The Problem with Polished Words
There's an old sales saying:
"Emotions sell, and data tells."
When you sing, speak, or sell – you want to make an impact.
And if your words come from real emotion, you connect with people.
But a polished speech?
Nobody is interested – not even God.
C.S. Lewis on Prayer
After the Pope's speech, I was drawn to a video by C.S. Lewis – "How to Talk to God the Right Way."
His message cut through:
God is not impressed by polished speeches or prayers. He rather ignores them.
If you pray out of need, or let your words flow from humility – God hears you.
But polished words?
They are born from arrogance or pride.
Both the Bible and the Quran warn:
"God does not like the proud."
"Pride comes before the fall."
Why I Can't Repeat Prayers
Honestly?
I never repeat prayers – because they feel useless to me.
I need to connect with God.
Without that connection, I feel devastated.
And then these religions come along, offering a formula to pray "the right way."
They are so proud of their stupid prayers – but they never work for most people.
How I Actually Pray
I speak to God as my friend and helper.
I want to make God happy – with the things I do, or simply with how I live.
My work is my prayer.
Do your best – because you do it for God.
Do everything to please Him. That should be our goal.
The Heart of Prayer – C.S. Lewis's Definition
"Our heart should be in our prayer. Without praying out of our heart, the prayer is useless."
Prayer is not to impress God.
It is to reveal yourself to Him.
Crafted prayers don't work.
But when we pour our heart out to God – raw, real, vulnerable – He responds.
Jesus in the Garden
Think of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.
He didn't recite a polished prayer.
He trembled. He sweated drops of blood.
His prayer was so raw, so vulnerable – it still echoes today.
How to Talk to God – A Simple Guide
Based on C.S. Lewis's teaching, here's how to communicate with God:
Instead of... Do this...
Polished, memorized prayers Speak from your heart – your real feelings
Trying to impress God Be humble and honest about your need
Repeating formulas Pour out your worries, fears, and desires
Praying to look good Reveal yourself – the good, bad, and ugly
Using fancy religious language Speak like you're talking to a close friend
Final Thought
God doesn't want your eloquence.
He wants you – your heart, your struggle, your honesty.
As Jesus showed us, real prayer is sometimes trembling, sweating, and crying out in the dark.
That's the kind of prayer that never dies.
My Video: How to Communicate with the Lord? https://youtu.be/z7TH5XU3Ygs
My Audio: https://divinesuccess.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/Podcast5/How-to-Communicate-with-the-Lord.mp3
Comments
Post a Comment